How will this help?
BlueStacks 5 has a built-in ability to take screenshots within an installed app or the home screen. You can easily take a screenshot by clicking on the ''Take screenshot'' icon on the side toolbar in your BlueStacks home screen.
This article will guide you on how you can:
How can I take a screenshot?
1. Launch the desired app or the location from BlueStacks home screen, within which you wish to take the screenshot. As an example, ''Hill Climb Racing'' has been selected in the picture shown below.
2. Now, click on the ''Take screenshot'' icon on the side toolbar when you are on the desired location where you want to take the screenshot. This has been shown in the picture below.
3. If it's the first time that you are taking a screenshot on BlueStacks, a message will appear on your screen where you will be asked to choose the location you want to save your screenshots in.
By default, the screenshots are saved in the ''BlueStacks'' folder within the ''Pictures'' folder on your PC. You can either select:
- Use current - This will use the default location, as described above, to save your screenshots
- Choose custom - With this, you can choose the location where you want to save screenshots
Your screenshot will now be saved in your preferred location, as selected by you in step 3 above.
4. If you wish to change the location where you want to save your screenshots, you can do it anytime by following the steps below:
a) Click on the gear icon in the side toolbar, to open the BlueStacks settings.
b) Within ''Preferences'' tab, click on ''Change path'' to change the location in which you want to save your screenshots.
You can now see Windows file explorer on your screen, from where you can select the location you wish to set to save your screenshots.
Click on ''Save changes'' once you are done.
How can I access my saved screenshots?
Whenever you take a screenshot, a ''Screenshot saved'' message appears on your screen, as shown in the picture below. Here, you can access it in just one click by clicking on the:
- ''View in Window folder'' - If you wish to view the saved screenshot in the windows folder on your PC
- ''View in Gallery'' - If you wish to see the saved screenshot in the Media Manager gallery in BlueStacks
NOTE: If you wish to change the location where you want to save your screenshots, you can do it anytime by referring to step 4 of the section above.
Access screenshots using the Media Manager
You can also access all saved screenshots either from the ''Media Manager'' in BlueStacks 5 or from the Windows folder on your PC, as selected by you in step 3 of the section above.
1. Click on the ''System app'' folder on the BlueStacks 5 home screen, as shown in the picture below.
2. Now click on ''Media Manager'' in the next menu.
3. Within the ''Media Manager'', click on ''Gallery'' in the menu on the left of your screen and open the ''Screenshots'' folder.
4. Now, click on ''Picture'' where you can access all your saved screenshots.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!