How will this help?
This detailed guide will show you how to install BlueStacks 5 to a custom path or location on your PC.
Click on the links below to learn:
- How to install BlueStacks 5 at a custom path/location
- Where are the files for BlueStacks 5 saved on your PC
If BlueStacks 5 is already installed on your desktop/laptop, you can still change the location where its files are stored with the help of this article.
How can I install BlueStacks 5 at a custom path or location?
1. Visit this article and perform steps 1 - 3 in the section "How can I download and install BlueStacks 5?"
2. The BlueStacks 5 installer will now launch, as shown below. Here, click on "Customize Installation".
3. You will now see the current path for installation. To enter a location of your choice, either type the path in the address bar or click on the Folder option. The image below shows the default location for installation.
4. If you click on the Folder option, you will need to select the location where you wish to install BlueStacks 5 and then click on "OK".
5. Once you select the custom location, it will appear in the installation address bar. Now, click on the "Install now" button, as shown below.
6. The installation will now start. You can check the progress and the time left on the installation screen.
Where are the files for BlueStacks 5 saved on my PC?
BlueStacks 5 primarily stores its files in 2 folders on your PC:
- Program Files: This folder stores the app-related files which are needed for the proper functioning of BlueStacks 5 on your PC.
- ProgramData (or UserData): This folder stores user-specific files for the games you play, custom controls you've created, selected settings and your log-related information. This folder helps BlueStacks 5 give you the best possible experience, based on your choice of games and preferences.
The location of the Program Files folder always remains the same, irrespective of where you choose to install BlueStacks 5 on your computer. The image below shows the location for this folder: C:\Program Files\BlueStacks_nxt
The location of the ProgramData (or UserData) folder changes, based on the selected installation location for BlueStacks 5.
- If BlueStacks 5 is installed in the default location, the location of this folder will be: C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks_nxt
- If BlueStacks 5 is installed in a custom location, such as in "D drive" as shown in the previous section, then the location of the ProgramData (UserData) folder changes as well. This means all the user-specific data will be stored in the selected location for installing BlueStacks 5.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!