How will this help?
You can assign shortcut keys on BlueStacks 5 to perform various actions instantly without using the cursor.
This article will guide you on how to view and/or edit keyboard shortcuts for actions, such as changing the volume, opening the Settings menu and toggling game controls, to fit your preference and style.
NOTE: The shortcut keys assigned for an action will remain the same across all instances of BlueStacks.
How can I view or edit shortcut keys on BlueStacks 5?
1. On your BlueStacks home screen, click on the gear icon on the Side Toolbar to open the Settings menu.
2. In the Settings menu, select the "Shortcuts" tab.
Here, you will find a plethora of functions to which shortcut keys have already been assigned. You can view all the shortcut keys by further scrolling down on this page.
3. To edit the shortcut keys for an action, simply click on the box in front of the action and type in the new keys of your choice.
You may type in the keys in one of the following formats:
- SHIFT + [key of your choice]
- CTRL + [key of your choice]
- ALT + [key of your choice]
- CTRL + ALT + [key of your choice]
- Ctrl + Shift + [key of your choice]
- ALT + SHIFT + [key of your choice]
- CTRL + ALT + SHIFT + [key of your choice]
If you enter a single key inside the box, the shortcut in the box will change to Ctrl + Shift +[key of your choice].
NOTE: Make sure that the key combination you are about to assign is not already in use for a different action. Otherwise, a warning message will appear and the action linked to these shortcut keys will be highlighted, as shown below.
4. After making the desired changes, click on "Save changes" to activate the new shortcut keys.
5. If at any point, you wish to revert to the default shortcut keys that are provided by BlueStacks, you may access the "Shortcuts" tab in the Settings menu and select "Restore default".
6. You will be asked for a confirmation. Please select "Restore defaults", as shown below. All the shortcut keys will be reverted to their default values.
7. You may also view the shortcut keys assigned to the tools on the Side Toolbar by hovering your cursor over any tool. You will then be able to see the name of the tool and its shortcut key under it.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!