How will this help?
With BlueStacks 5, you can now create a desktop shortcut for any instance or an app within a specific instance, to open it directly.
This will enable you to open an app/instance directly from the desktop shortcut without having to open BlueStacks or the Multi-instance manager every time.
This article will guide you on how to:
- Create desktop shortcut for a specific instance on BlueStacks
- Create desktop shortcut for apps within your preferred instances
How can I do it?
Create desktop shortcut for a specific instance
1. Launch BlueStacks 5 and click on the Multi-Instance Manager icon from the Side Toolbar.
Alternatively, you can also click on the shortcut icon for the Multi-Instance Manager from your desktop, as shown below.
2. Now, click on the "Create desktop shortcut" icon for any specific instance for which you wish to create a desktop shortcut within the Multi-instance Manager window that opens.
For example, let's create the desktop shortcut for BlueStacks 1 instance, as shown in the image below.
3. A message will appear on the screen to tell you that the shortcut is successfully created on the desktop.
Click on "Okay" to continue.
4. You can now see the shortcut for the selected instance on your desktop.
5. The specific instance will now open when you click on the desktop shortcut for it, as shown below.
For example, in the image below, you can see the home screen of the "BlueStacks 1" instance, for which the desktop shortcut was created in step 3.
You can also create a desktop shortcut for an app from any of your preferred instance by following the steps below.
Create desktop shortcuts for apps within a preferred instance
1. Launch your preferred BlueStacks instance from the Multi-instance Manager. You will see all your created instances.
Click on "Start" beside your preferred instance to launch it. For example, lets open BlueStacks 1 instance.
Alternatively, you can also click on the shortcut icon for the BlueStacks instance from your desktop, as created in the section above.
2. The selected BlueStacks instance will launch. Select the app from the home screen, for which you want to create a desktop shortcut. For example, let's select "Hill Climb Racing", as shown below.
3. Now press and hold the left click on the app icon. A menu will open. Here, click on "Desktop shortcut".
4. A shortcut for your app in your preferred instance will be created on the desktop, as shown in the image below.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!