What are the available gamepad input settings?
With the Gamepad input settings on BlueStacks 5.2 and above, you can play your favorite games using the gamepad controls provided by the game developers or the key controls created/provided on BlueStacks.
You can choose from the following Gamepad input settings:
- ON: This option will turn on in-built gamepad controls provided by the game developers, if available, for every game you launch.
- OFF: This option will turn on gamepad controls created/provided on BlueStacks for all games.
AUTO: This option will automatically choose the optimum gamepad controls to bring you the best possible gaming experience. This option is selected on BlueStacks by default.
Watch this video to know more about applying the right settings for your gamepad.
The steps below will guide you on how to enable gamepad support and configure the gamepad input settings correctly on BlueStacks 5.2 and above.
How can I enable gamepad support in Bluestacks?
Before you can select your gamepad input settings, you need to ensure that "Gamepad detection" is enabled in BlueStacks.
1. Launch BlueStacks and open the Settings menu by clicking on the gear icon on the Side Toolbar.
2. On the Settings page, select the "Gamepad" tab.
3. In the Gamepad tab, you will find the option of "Gamepad detection". Make sure that the slider next to it is blue, indicating that it is enabled. If it is disabled, click on the slider to turn it ON.
NOTE: By default, this option is turned ON. To use gamepad controllers on BlueStacks, this setting must remain enabled.
How can I select the right input settings for my gamepad controller?
Now that you're all set with a controller in hand, the Gamepad input settings in the Gamepad tab will help you choose which controls to use in-game.
1. Click on the dropdown menu in front of the Gamepad input settings. Here, select from "Auto", "On" or "Off". By default, this option is set to "Auto".
This is how these settings work:
- AUTO: Automatically chooses between gamepad controls provided by the game developers and the ones provided/created on BlueStacks to bring you the best experience.
- ON: Turns on in-built gamepad controls provided by the game developers for all games.
- OFF: Turns on BlueStacks created/provided gamepad controls for all games.
2. Once you have selected the Gamepad input settings, click on "Save changes".
After configuring the settings above, you can fire up your favorite game. An example is shown below:
Punishing Gray Raven:
Have some questions?
Q. Which controllers can I use to play games on BlueStacks 5?
A. Logitech, Xbox one, PDP, Redgear and PS4 controllers are some of the popular ones which work well. Usually, any controller which is recognized by Windows can be used with BlueStacks.
Q. Do all games support the use of controllers?
A. Gamepad support is available for a select few games. However, you can still configure your own controls for most of the games. A few noteworthy games that have in-built gamepad controls are:
- Asphalt 9
- Modern Combat 5
- Crazy taxi
- Fly Away
- Wind-up Knight
..and more! To see others, head over to the Gamepad category on the Game Center.
Q. Are PS3 controllers supported on BlueStacks 5?
A. PS3 controllers are not directly recognized by BlueStacks. You may use them by using third-party software. However, BlueStacks does not recommend any such software or the use of PS3 controllers.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!