What is Low Memory mode?
You can conserve memory (RAM) usage by switching to "Low Memory" performance mode through the BlueStacks 5 Settings Menu. This will help you get the best possible gameplay experience if you're running multiple instances on your PC.
You can learn more about "Low Memory" performance mode by clicking on the links below.
- Benefits of Low Memory mode
- How to switch to Low Memory mode
- How to enable Low Memory for multiple instances
NOTE: If you are running a single instance, we recommend using "High Performance" for optimum performance. However, if you are running numerous instances, we recommend using the "Low Memory" mode.
What are the benefits of Low Memory mode?
With "Low Memory" mode, you can:
- Reduce the amount of RAM being used, if you're experiencing high RAM usage
- Get optimum performance if you're running intensive game(s) on numerous instances
- Run more instances at the same time with optimum performance
Additionally, "Low Memory" performance mode will also be beneficial in certain games, such as:
- Strategy games: Allows you to run numerous instances for simultaneous resource gathering
- Gacha games: Allows you to run numerous instances to improve your chances at in-game draws
NOTE: The benefits of this mode can extend even further beyond these two genres of games. It will directly optimize the use of numerous instances, thus giving you the best possible gameplay experience.
How can I switch to Low Memory mode on BlueStacks 5?
You can assign Low memory mode to an instance in two ways:
You can choose the performance mode at the time of creating a fresh instance while customizing its settings, as shown below.
By default, Low memory performance mode is selected for fresh instances as it is more suitable for running multiple instances at the same time for optimum performance.
NOTE: While cloning an instance, the performance mode selected by default will be the same as that of the existing instance. You can change it to Low memory for the best possible experience while running multiple instances simultaneously.
Switching to Low memory mode through the Settings menu for an existing instance
1. Click on the "gear" icon on the Side Toolbar to access BlueStacks 5 settings.
2. Under the "Performance" tab, click on the drop down menu for "Performance mode".
3. Select "Low Memory” as shown below.
4. Click on "Save changes".
5. Click on "Restart now" for the changes to take effect.
"Low Memory" performance mode will be activated.
How can I switch to Low Memory mode on multiple instances?
If you switch to "Low Memory" mode on your primary instance, the setting will automatically be applied to all installed instances, if they are not running.
To apply this mode on instances that are currently running on your BlueStacks, you will have to restart them.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!