How will this help?
You can now assign single or double key shortcuts for various BlueStacks functions as well as your macros on BlueStacks 5.
This will allow you to perform actions without pressing multiple keys on your keyboard. For example, you can now simply press one or two keys on the keyboard to launch the Multi-instance Manager or run a macro instantly.
You can learn more about how to assign:
NOTE: While customizing the shortcut keys, we highly recommend that you:
- Do not assign the same keys to both BlueStacks functions and macros
- Do not assign the same keys as your in-game controls
How can I assign single/double key shortcuts for BlueStacks functions?
1. On your BlueStacks home screen, click on the gear icon on the Side Toolbar to open the Settings menu.
2. Click on the "Shortcuts" tab to view your shortcut keys.
3. To edit the shortcut keys, simply click on the box in front of the action and press the desired key(s) on your keyboard.
NOTE: Make sure that the key(s) you are about to assign is not already in use for a different action. Otherwise, a warning message will appear informing you that the shortcut key(s) are already in use for another action.
4. After making the desired changes, click on "Save changes" to apply the new shortcut keys.
You will now see a pop-up on the screen confirming that the changes have been saved.
NOTE: The shortcut keys assigned to an action will remain the same across all instances of BlueStacks 5.
5. If at any point, you wish to restore the shortcuts to the default keys provided by BlueStacks, you can access the "Shortcuts" tab and select "Restore default".
6. You will now see a confirmation message on your screen. Click on "Restore defaults", as shown below. The default shortcut keys will now be restored.
You can now access various functions on BlueStacks 5 with single/double key shortcuts. For example, you can increase the volume by simply pressing the Up key on your keyboard.
How can I assign single/double shortcut keys to macros?
1. Launch BlueStacks 5 and click on the Macro manager icon on the Side Toolbar.
2. This will open the Macro manager window, as shown below.
3. Click on the empty text box next to your preferred macro and press the desired keys on your keyboard.
NOTE: Make sure that the key(s) you are about to assign is not already in use for a different macro. Otherwise, a warning message will appear informing you that the shortcut key(s) are already in use for another macro.
4. After you have made the changes in the shortcut keys, click on the "X" icon to close the Macro manager.
You can now easily run your desired macros using single/double key shortcuts.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!