How will this help?
You can now avoid unintentional changes to the size of your BlueStacks 5 window that could possibly hamper your gameplay by locking its size on the latest version of BlueStacks 5.
To do this, simply enable the "Fix window size" option within the hamburger menu on your BlueStacks 5 window.
How can I do this?
1. Set the size of your BlueStacks 5 window according to your preference by dragging its edges, as you'll not be able to change the size once you lock it.
NOTE: If you have multiple instances of BlueStacks 5 installed, you will have to resize all your instances according to your preference.
2. Then, click on the hamburger menu at the top-right corner of your BlueStacks 5 window.
3. Enable the "Fix window size" option by clicking on it. A blue slider indicates that it is enabled.
4. The size of your BlueStacks 5 window will now be locked. If you wish to resize your BlueStacks 5 window and lock the new size, you can:
- Disable the "Fix window size" option
- Resize the window
- Enable "Fix window size" to lock the new size
You can continue playing your favorite games on BlueStacks 5 without worrying about accidentally changing the window size.
Have any questions?
Q1. Will enabling this option on one instance lock the window size of all BlueStacks 5 instances?
A. Yes. If you enable this option, it will automatically lock the window size for all instances of BlueStacks 5, including new instances that will be created later.
Q2. If I enable this option, will the window size of all instances change to the same size?
A. No. Instances will continue to remain in their respective sizes. You can resize each instance to suit your preference before enabling the "Fix window size" option.
Q3. Will the window size of my choice be restored after I restart BlueStacks 5?
A. Yes, the applied setting will be saved and BlueStacks 5 will launch with the same window size after it is restarted.
Q4. Can I change the display resolution for BlueStacks 5 while the "Fix window size" option is enabled?
A. Yes, you change the display resolution for BlueStacks 5 by navigating to:
BlueStacks settings → Display → Display resolution.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!