Why do I need these updates?
Due to Microsoft making changes to their security protocol for Windows applications, you may need to download specific updates before you install BlueStacks 5.
To do this:
- Visit Microsoft's official website
- Click on the specific update based on your current Windows version, within the "Product Update Schedule" section.
- Scroll down to "Microsoft Update Catalog" to download and install the updates.
- Restart your desktop/laptop to apply the updates, if required.
- Proceed with BlueStacks 5 installation
NOTE: If you're on Windows 7, please install updates KB4474419 and KB4490628. However, if you're running Windows 7 without any Service Pack, you will need to update to Windows Service Pack 1. For more details on how to do this, please go through the section below.
Additionally, if you're still unable to launch/install BlueStacks 5 after following the steps above, click here for an alternative way.
The following section provides a detailed description of the steps you can follow. If you need any help, feel free to submit a problem report and we'll be happy to assist you!
How can I do this?
The steps listed below will remain the same for all Windows versions except if you're running Windows 7 without any Service Pack, in which case you will need to update to Windows Service Pack 1 and then follow the steps listed for all Windows versions.
To make it easier for you to navigate through the steps, click on either of the links below:
If Windows Service Pack 1 is not installed
2. On the Microsoft Update Catalog page, find your correct Windows version from the "Title" column and click on "Download" to get the update.
Once the update has been installed, restart your desktop/laptop and follow the steps below.
Installing essential updates needed for all Windows versions
1. Visit Microsoft's official website and scroll down to find your current Window's version in the "Applies to" column. Next, download the corresponding update in the "Event" column.
NOTE: For representation purposes, we'll be using Windows version WSUS 3.0 SP2 and installing "KB4484071".
2. Once you've clicked on the specific update's number, scroll down to the "How to obtain the update" section and click on "Microsoft Update Catalog" in Method #2.
3. On the Microsoft Update Catalog page, find your correct Windows version from the "Title" column and click on "Download" to get the update.
Once the update has been installed, restart your desktop/laptop and launch or install BlueStacks 5. However, if this did not work for you, take a look at the following section for other alternatives.
What can I do if the method above didn't work for me?
If the above method didn't work, you can try following the steps below.
1. In the Menu bar, search for and click on "Check for updates" as shown below.
2. Click on "Check for update". Once the check is complete, click on "Download and install" on any available updates.
Once the updates have been downloaded and installed, you can launch/install BlueStacks 5.
If you need any assistance at any point, feel free to submit a problem report. We'll be happy to assist you!
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!