Why should I use the Multi-instance Manager?
You can create multiple instances of BlueStacks 5 and manage them easily using the Multi-instance Manager. You can use these instances to play several games together, use different accounts at the same time, farm more easily in many games and much more!
You can use the Multi-instance Manager to:
- Create need-specific folders for your instances
- Quickly access your most used instances by rearranging them within the Multi-instance Manager window
- Select and launch multiple instances placed within and outside folders
- Easily view more instances by vertically resizing the Multi-instance Manager window
- Explore Android gaming on Cloud from the Multi-instance Manager window
To learn more about how to organize and tidy up your instances in the Multi-instance Manager better, refer to this article.
You can also discover how to play games that require a specific Android version with the help of this article.
How can I create instances?
You can use the Multi-instance Manager to create several different instances of BlueStacks 5. To read the detailed steps for creating an instance of your choice on BlueStacks 5, select an Android version from the links below:
- Create an instance for Android Nougat 32-bit
- Create an instance for Android Nougat 64-bit
- Create an instance for Android Pie 64-bit
- Create an instance for Android 11
Click on the "Instance" button on the Multi-instance Manager window and follow the on-screen instructions.
You can also then clone your current instance, i.e., create a copy of the instance, by clicking on "Clone instance", as shown below.
How can I manage my instances?
The Multi-instance Manager gives you different options for managing your instances efficiently. You can:
- Sort your instances
- Search for your instances
- Perform batch-operations
- Auto-align your active instances on your desktop
- Create/delete folders for your instances
- Rearrange your instances
- Run multiple instances together
- Resize the Multi-instance Manager window
Sort your instances
You can sort all the instances that you have created according to their name or engine type. The steps below will show you how to do this:
1. Click on the "Sort By" option, as shown below.
2. A drop-down menu will appear. Here, select either of the following two options
- Name: This option will arrange your instances in alphabetical order.
- Engine: This option will arrange your instances according to their Android runtime.
Search for your instances
If you have created several different instances of BlueStacks 5, you can easily find the one you wish to use by entering its name in the search bar at the top-right corner of the Multi-instance Manager.
Perform batch operations
Batch operations allow you to start, stop or delete as many instances as you like at the same time. The steps below will show you how to do this:
1. Tick the checkbox next to the instances that you would like to use. You can also click on "Select all" if you wish to use all of your instances.
2. Next, you can now perform the following operations:
- Start: This option will start all the selected instances that are currently not running.
- Stop: This option will stop all the selected instances that are currently running.
- Delete: This option will delete all the selected instances. You can also delete a master instance by following the steps given in this article.
You can align your active instances automatically on your desktop/laptop by clicking on the grid icon on the Multi-instance Manager window and selecting any one of the following options.
- Arrange all - Align all your active instances
- Arrange selected - Align only selected active instances
To learn more about auto-aligning your instances, please refer to this article.
You may also enable Eco mode from the Multi-instance Manager window to reduce power consumption while running multiple instances of BlueStacks. To learn more about it, refer to this article.
You may also use the Disk cleanup tool from the Multi-instance Manager window to free up space unused by BlueStacks so that other Windows apps on your desktop/laptop may use it. To learn more about it, refer to this article.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!