This article will guide on how to improve BlueStacks performance by configuring antivirus software installed on your PC.
Some antivirus features can interfere and cause serious performance degradation. Disabling these features temporarily might help speeding up BlueStacks dramatically.
BlueStacks versions affected
All versions of BlueStacks 3
All users of BlueStacks 3
Double-click the icon that represents your antivirus program. AVG, Avast, Norton and McAfee are the most common. If you are not sure which icon represents your antivirus program, holding the mouse over the icon (without clicking) will display the name of the program. Double-clicking the icon will bring up the program's main menu.
1. Avast Antivirus: Many users have rightfully complained that BlueStacks runs slow when their PC is also running the Avast antivirus. Avast slows down BlueStacks due to one of its settings. Please update your Avast antivirus settings as described in this article.
You may also try disabling Avast shields control (temporarily) by referring to given links.
- Web link: http://www.getavast.net/how-to/disable-turn-off
- YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9gS4__N4QQ
Similarly for other antivirus, you may try disabling given features.
2. McAfee Antivirus: Disable McAfee real time scanning temporarily.
3. Norton Antivirus: Disable auto-protect temporarily.
- Web link: https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v116457581_ns_retail_en_us
- YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KirdAUPWdaU
4. AVG Antivirus: Temporarily disable AVG protection temporarily.
- Web link: https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlName=How-to-disable-AVG
- YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da2FgGpt4HY
5. ESET NOD antivirus: Disable ESET real-time protection temporarily.
- Web link: http://support.eset.com/kb548/?locale=en_US
- YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Xt31bv63g
6. Kaspersky: Pause kaspersky antivirus temporarily.
- Web link: https://support.kaspersky.com/us/11464#block1
- YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9CwnUQ2RXY
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support dot bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on August 22, 2017.