Purpose and Benefits
This article will guide you on how to disable Hyper-V. Since BlueStacks uses virtualization technology, when other hypervisors like Hyper-V, VirtualBox or VMWare are running, it may impair our ability to run optimally.
All users who want to disable Hyper-V.
All versions of BlueStacks
Multiple ways of disabling Hyper-V:
You can disable Hyper-V on your PC by following any of the steps mentioned below.
1. Disabling Hyper-V using an exe file - We have created an exe which will disable Hyper-V on your PC. Please download and double-click the exe from this link. You will be prompted to restart your PC post successful execution.
2. Disabling Hyper-V using Windows features - Hyper-V can be disabled from the control panel using the Windows features option. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable Hyper-V:
- Go to Control Panel → Programs → Turn Windows features on or off
- Uncheck Hyper-V in Windows features, and click OK.
Note: Windows features options are different depending on the editions and installed windows update.
- For the following editions, refer to the screenshot of windows feature.
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit edition
Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit edition
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit edition
Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit edition
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit edition
- For Windows 10 Pro 64-bit edition
- For Windows 10 Home (Version 1809)
- For Windows 10 Home (version 1803)
Windows Feature will apply the changes and ask you to restart. Please restart your system/PC to apply the requested changes.
- For some specific versions of windows 10, the "Virtual machine platform" and "Windows hypervisor platform" check-boxes are not available. Users should follow the steps illustrated below if they do not see these options in the Windows features:
1. In the windows search bar, search for "core isolation".
2. In the core isolation settings, turn off the Memory integrity.
3. Disabling Hyper-V using registry file - If none of the above alternatives worked please download this registry file and double click to run it. After running the registry, restart your computer and then try to run BlueStacks. It should work normally.
Please note that this registry will work on the Windows 10 (64 Bit) only.
Watch the tutorial video on how do I disable Hyper-V on Windows.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on February 18, 2019.