How will this help?
The steps in this article will guide you on how to disable Hyper-V on your system.
In case you face any problems with disabling Hyper-V, you can also try out this Beta version of BlueStacks 4 which avoids you having to disable Hyper-V. To run BlueStacks 4 with Hyper-V enabled, click here.
The version of BlueStacks 4 with Hyper-V enabled is based on 64-bit Android version. If you face issues while using apps that require a 32-bit Android version, then please disable Hyper-V and use this version of BlueStacks 4.
NOTE: If you download BlueStacks 4 from the official website, the installer will automatically install the corresponding version of BlueStacks, depending on whether Hyper-V is enabled or disabled on your PC/Laptop.
How to disable Hyper-V on Windows?
The video below shows how to disable Hyper-V on Windows.
You can disable Hyper-V on your PC by either:
1. Disabling Hyper-V using an exe file
We have created an exe that will disable Hyper-V on your desktop or laptop PC. Please download and double-click the exe from this link. After running this file, please restart your PC. If you still get this error after restarting once, please restart your PC a few times, after which Hyper-V will be disabled.
2. Disabling Hyper-V using the 'Windows features' option
Hyper-V can be disabled from the control panel using the Windows features option. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable Hyper-V:
1. Go to Control Panel → Programs → Turn Windows features on or off
2. You will now have to uncheck different Windows features for your Windows version.
For Windows 8, uncheck the "Hyper-V" option, as shown below.
For Windows 10, different Windows features will available, based on its edition. Please uncheck all of the Windows features given below, that are present for your Windows 10 edition:
- Hyper V
- Windows Hypervisor Platform
- Windows Sandbox
- Virtual Machine Platform
- Windows Subsystem for Linux
NOTE: If "Virtual machine platform" and "Windows hypervisor platform" are not available in your Windows 10 edition, please click here.
3. Once you uncheck all of the Windows features applicable for your PC, click on "OK".
4. Windows will need to restart your PC to apply the requested changes. Click on "Restart now" to proceed.
How to disable Memory integrity?
For some specific editions of Windows 10, the "Virtual machine platform" and "Windows hypervisor platform" check-boxes are not available. Users should follow the steps illustrated below if they do not see these options in the Windows features:
1. In the windows search bar, search for "core isolation" and open it.
2. In the core isolation settings, turn off the Memory integrity.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!