How will this help?
The steps in this article will guide you on how to disable Hyper-V on your system.
In case you face any problems with disabling Hyper-V, you can also try out this Beta version of BlueStacks which avoids you having to disable Hyper-V. To run BlueStacks with Hyper-V enabled, click here.
The version of BlueStacks with Hyper-V enabled is based on 64-bit Android version. If you face issues while using apps that require a 32-bit Android version, then please turn disable Hyper-V and use this version of BlueStacks.
NOTE: If you download BlueStacks from the official website, the installer will automatically install the corresponding version of BlueStacks, depending on whether Hyper-V is enabled or disabled on your PC/Laptop.
How to disable Hyper-V on Windows?
The video below shows how to disable Hyper-V on Windows.
You can disable Hyper-V on your PC by following any of the steps mentioned below.
1. Disabling Hyper-V using an exe file - We have created an exe that will disable Hyper-V on your PC. Please download and double-click the exe from this link. After running this file, please restart your PC/Laptop. If you still get this error after restarting once, please restart your PC/Laptop a few times, after which Hyper-V will be disabled.
2. Disabling Hyper-V using Windows features - Hyper-V can be disabled from the control panel using the Windows features option. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable Hyper-V:
- Go to Control Panel → Programs → Turn Windows features on or off
- Uncheck Hyper-V in Windows features, and click OK.
NOTE: Windows features may have different options for different editions of Windows and installed updates.
- For Windows 8 Pro 64-bit edition, Windows 8 Enterprise 64-bit edition, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit edition and Windows 8.1 Enterprise 64-bit edition, uncheck the Hyper-V option, as shown below. Then click on OK.
- For Windows 10 Pro 64-bit edition, make sure the options Hyper-V and Windows Hypervisor Platform are unchecked, as shown in the image. Click OK to save the changes.
- For Windows 10 Home (Version 1809) and almost all the recent editions of Windows 10, make the the two options shown in the image are unchecked. Then, select OK.
- For Windows 10 Home (version 1803), uncheck the Windows Hypervisor Platform option and click on OK.
Windows Feature will apply the changes and ask you to restart. Please restart your system/PC to apply the requested changes by clicking on Restart now.
- For some specific versions of windows 10, the "Virtual machine platform" and "Windows hypervisor platform" check-boxes are not available. Users should follow the steps illustrated below if they do not see these options in the Windows features:
1. In the windows search bar, search for "core isolation".
2. In the core isolation settings, turn off the Memory integrity.
3. Disabling Hyper-V using registry file - If none of the above alternatives worked please download this registry file and double click to run it. After running the registry, restart your computer and then try to run BlueStacks. It should work normally.
NOTE: This registry will work on the Windows 10 (64 Bit) only.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on July 21, 2020