This article will guide you on how you can update Windows and the graphics card drivers on your PC
Updates improve the capability, reliability and security of your PC and ensure smooth functioning of BlueStacks as well.
All users whose Windows Graphics card is not up-to-date.
BlueStacks versions affected
All versions of BlueStacks
How can I update Windows ?
For users on Windows 10
1) Click on the "Windows" button on left bottom corner of your PC.
2) Navigate to settings and then click "Update & security"
3) Click on "Windows update" and select "Check for updates". If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available. If not you can proceed with update.
For users on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1
1) Open the Control Panel. To open control panel press the "Windows" and "R" button together on your keyboard, a search box will be launched, type "control panel" in the search box.
2) Click on the System and Security option, and then select the Windows Update option.
3) Windows Update will check for any available updates for your computer. If any updates are found, you should be able to view the available updates. It is highly recommended that you install all important updates and service packs that are available.
How can I update the graphics card drivers for my PC?
You may try the following links to graphics cards manufacturer’s websites. These are meant to automatically detect your graphics card and update your PC with the latest drivers that are available. You are welcome to consider using them if you wish.
AMD (ATI) http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload...
You may also try updating the drivers manually. Refer the steps below.
1) Navigate to device manager on your machine. To open device manager press the "Windows" and "R" button together on your keyboard and type "devmgmt.msc" in the search box as shown below.
2) On the device manager page click on "Display adapters" and choose the graphics card on your PC.
3) Right click and choose the "update driver" option available here.
Follow the on screen guidance and proceed to update the drivers.
We genuinely appreciate your choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at support at bluestacks dot com. Thank you very much.
Last updated on December 12, 2017