If you're using BlueStacks 5, this article might not be relevant. You can view the BlueStacks 5 article for this by clicking here.
How can I do this?
The Multi-instance Manager is a powerful tool that lets you create multiple instances of BlueStacks and use BlueStacks with different accounts within numerous instances.
It is also helpful for playing Android 64-bit games, such as Teamfight Tactics and more. It also offers lets you play games that require an older Android Lollipop version. A full list of games is given later on. This article covers the following information:
- How to use Multi-instance Manager
- Android versions available on BlueStacks
- Games supported on different Android versions
What is new on the latest version of BlueStacks?
- BlueStacks 4.230 and above introduces a new power-saving option in the Multi-instance Manager, called Eco Mode. Now, you decide how much computer resources are consumed by each instance. Click here to know all about it.
- Sort your instances easily using the new Sort option.
How can I use the Multi-Instance Manager?
1. To open the Multi-Instance Manager, click on its icon on the side toolbar, as shown below. Alternatively, you can press CTRL+Shift+8 on your keyboard to access it.
2. The Multi-instance manager window will then open up.
3. Here, click on "New Instance" to create a new instance of BlueStacks, as shown below.
4. You will then see two options:
- Fresh Instance - With this, you can create a fresh instance with the same or different Android version and runtime (either 32-bit or 64-bit).
- Clone Instance - This will create a replica of your current BlueStacks version. It will have the same Android version and runtime. The clone instance will have all your data and apps from your primary instance.
5. For representation purposes, we will be going with "Fresh Instance" as this covers all the different Android versions and runtimes. Click on the drop-down menu, as shown below.
You can choose from the following Android versions:
If you're looking to play games that are supported only on Android 64-bit, choose this one.
1. After clicking on "Fresh Instance", select "Nougat 64-bit".
2. You will then see the Android version for that instance, as illustrated below. To begin the instance, simply click on "Start".
If you're looking to play games that require Android 32-bit, e.g., PUBG, Call of Duty: Mobile, 7DS and more, choose this one.
1. After clicking on "Fresh Instance", select "Nougat 32-bit".
2. After selecting the Android version on the Multi-Instance Manager, you can then customize the instance which you would like to create. Listed below are the ways in which you can do this:
- CPU Cores - Specify the number of CPU cores you wish to assign for this instance.
- RAM (MB): Assign the amount of RAM for this instance.
- Resolution - Select the resolution for your instance here.
- ABI setting - You can select from "Auto" or "ARM" for your instance.
- DPI: Allot a DPI from 160, 240 and 320.
- Instance count: You can create one or more instances with the same settings.
3. To start the instance, click on "Create".
This is the Android Lollipop 32-bit version required for older Android apps.
1. After clicking on "Fresh Instance", select "Lollipop 32-bit" as shown below.
2. Once the instance is created, click on "Start" on the Multi-instance manager window, as shown below.
In which games can I use this?
Here are some examples for games that can be played on the different Android versions:
- Free Fire (com.dts.freefireth)
- PUBG: Mobile (com.tencent.ig)
- Call of Duty: Mobile (com.activision.callofduty.shooter)
- Rise of Kingdoms (com.lilithgame.roc.gp)
With Nougat 32-bit, you can use the majority of the apps in the Google Play Store. However, the apps listed below are best suited for Android versions that provide a better gameplay experience.
- Teamfight Tactics (com.riotgames.league.teamfighttactics)
- Tera Hero (com.redsahara.terahero)
- Rangers of Oblivion (com.gtarcade.lhjx)
- KarDia tou ABel (com.r2.myrzx.kr)
- Forza Street (com.microsoft.gravity)
- Fish Island: Fishing Paradise (com.nhnpixelcube.fishislandII)
- Ace Fishing: Wild Catch (com.com2us.acefishing.normal.freefull.google.global.android.common)
- Dawn of Titans (com.naturalmotion.dawnoftitans)
- Dragon Raja (com.zloong.eu.dr.gp)
- Crusaders Quest (com.nhnent.SKQUEST)
- Guardian Tales (com.kakaogames.gdts)
To know more about its uses, read this detailed guide about Eco Mode.
For older versions of BlueStacks
If you're still using an older version of BlueStacks, please refer to this guide about the Multi-instance Manager on older BlueStacks versions.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks, we hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on September 21, 2020.