How will this help?
This article will teach you the different ways you can install an application on BlueStacks 4.
How to install an app?
There are four different methods for installing an app on BlueStacks 4.
- Installation from the Google Play Store
- Installation using BlueStacks Search bar
- Installation from the Game center
- Installation through the "Install apk" option
Let us go through each one of them in detail.
Installing an app from the Google Play Store
1. Launch BlueStacks and go to the My Games.
2. Click on the icon for the Google Play Store.
3. The Google Play Store will now open up.
4. Here, type the name of the app you want in the search bar and click on install. Let's take the app Facebook as an example.
5. The app you wanted will now be installed. You can access it from the My games tab.
Installing an app using the BlueStacks Search Bar
1. Once you launch BlueStacks, locate the search bar given on the top right corner.
2. Type in the name of the app you wish to install and click on the search button with the blue magnifying glass icon.
3. Click on the icon for the app you want, in your search results.
NOTE: In case the app does not show up in the search results, you can click on the option to Search in Google Play and download the app according to the steps mentioned in the first method.
4. The app you want to install will open in the Google Play store. Here, click on install.
5. The app is now installed. You can access it from the My games tab.
Installing an app through BlueStacks Game center
1. Inside BlueStacks, the Game center displays a variety of useful apps, which will be most relevant to you.
2. When you find the app you want to install, click on it.
3. The app you selected will open up in the Google Play Store. Click on Install.
4. The app will now get downloaded. You can access it from the My games tab.
Installing an app through the “Install Apk” button
1. First download the .apk file for the Android app you wish to use, from https://apkpure.com/.
2. Now launch BlueStacks and go to the My games tab.
3. Within 'My games', click on the three bars given next to 'Personalize'.
4. A list of options will pop open. Here, click on Install apk.
5. This will open up a Windows Explorer pop-up, from where you can navigate to the .apk file for the app you want to install on BlueStacks.
6. Once you find the .apk file for the app, either double click on it or select it and click on Open.
7. The app will then be installed. You can access it from the My games tab.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on July 28, 2020.