What is a control scheme?
A control scheme will contain all the key controls which will be used in-game. This article will teach you how to:
How can I create control schemes?
You can now create custom control schemes, so that they meet your gameplay needs. The steps given below will teach you how to do that.
1. While playing any game, right-click on the Game controls icon on the side toolbar or follow the step mentioned below.
2. Left-click on the game controls icon and select the Open advanced editor option from the menu.
3. The Controls editor will open up. Here, unfold the list of available control schemes by clicking on the arrow shown below.
4. Click on "Create new scheme".
5. A new control scheme named "Custom" will appear. Here, create the key controls for your scheme and click on Save. Refer to this detailed guide to learn how to create key controls.
6. Your control scheme will now be created. You can choose to rename it by clicking on the button shown below.
7. Once you've entered the name of your choice, save it by pressing enter or clicking the button shown below.
How can I edit control schemes?
1. Within the Controls editor, click on the arrow button to open the list of available control schemes.
2. Here, choose the control scheme you wish to edit.
3. Select the action that you want to add in the control scheme and place it onto your gameplay screen.
4. Now, press the key you wish to perform the action with and click on Save.
How can I import and export control schemes?
You can import and export control schemes to Windows, so that you can use it on different instances of BlueStacks or on BlueStacks in different computers. Click on the link below to learn how to:
How can I export control schemes?
1. Within the Controls editor, click on the Export icon, as shown below.
2. The Export Schemes window will pop open. Select the name of the control scheme which you want to export.
3. Click on "Export".
4. A Windows explorer pop-up will appear. Here, navigate to the location where you want to save the file.
5. Lastly, click on save to export your file to the selected Windows location.
How can I import control schemes?
1. After opening the Controls editor, click on the Import icon, as shown below.
2. A Windows explorer pop-up will appear. Here, Navigate to the control scheme which you wish to import.
NOTE: The control scheme will have a '.cfg' file type.
3. Select the control scheme and click on Open.
How can I copy a control scheme?
1. Within the Game controls window, open the list of available control schemes by clicking on the arrow shown below.
2. Now find the control scheme you want to copy and click on the button shown below.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on Oct 1, 2020.