How will this help?
This article will guide you on how to change the graphics mode on BlueStacks 4.190 and below.
If you're using BlueStacks 4.205 and above, click here.
To see what else is new in the Settings menu, click here.
How to change graphics mode on BlueStacks?
1. Click on the gear icon on the bottom right bar as shown below:
2. Click 'Engine Settings' to change the graphics mode.
- Graphics mode: Navigate to "Engine" tab. Switch the "Graphics mode" to either DirectX or OpenGL and restart BlueStacks 4. In broad terms, DirectX supports sound, music, input, networking, and multimedia, while OpenGL is strictly a graphics API.
- Advanced graphics mode: The checkbox to use "Advanced graphics engine mode" lets you enable it for those games that require advanced graphics support.
- Dedicated computer graphics: In order to use the dedicated GPU available on your computer, refer to this article or simply select the checkbox against "Use dedicated computer graphics" option as shown below
NOTE: Changes in engine settings will be applied on restarting BlueStacks.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks! We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on May 11, 2020