How will this help?
App data and cache take up storage space and may slow down a particular application's performance.
This article will provide steps to clear the app data and cache. This is one of the ways to help troubleshoot app-related issues.
How to clear app data and cache on BlueStacks 4?
This article is further divided to ease navigation. Click on the preferred link below to go to the respective version:
- Clearing app data and cache on BlueStacks 4.205 and above
- Clearing app data and cache on BlueStacks 4.200 and below
Clearing app data and cache on BlueStacks 4.205 and above
1. Open BlueStacks and navigate to the Library tab on the top left.
2. Open the System apps folder.
3. Choose the Android Settings icon.
4. In the new window, click on the Apps option under the Device section right at the top.
5. Choose the particular app whose app data or cache you would like deleted.
6. Click on the Storage option.
7. Here you'll be provided with two sections:
- Click on Clear Data to delete all additional data taking up space. Note the info provided on the space occupied.
- Click on Clear Cache to delete the cache taking up space. Note the info provided on the space occupied.
That's all folks! With the app data and cache deleted, experience a smoother gaming experience.
Clearing app data and cache on BlueStacks 4.200 and below
1. On BlueStacks home screen, navigate to More Apps from the dock and click on Android settings.
2. Click on Apps from the settings menu.
3. Click on the "App name".
4. Then go to Storage.
5. Lastly, click on CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE to clear the app data.
Voila! With the app data and cache cleared, experience a smoother gaming experience.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on June 22, 2020.