How will this help?
This detailed guide will walk you through the process of updating OpenGL on your PC.
This article will explain the following:
- Why you should update OpenGL
- How to check the version of OpenGL on your PC
- How to update OpenGL
- How to dedicate your PC's GPU for BlueStacks
Why should I update OpenGL?
OpenGL (or Open Graphics Library) is the standard 3D Graphics API (Application Program Interface) that is often required to run various games and software applications.
Updating the OpenGL version on your PC/laptop will enable you to run applications that require the latest version of OpenGL, providing a much smoother experience across various Android applications on BlueStacks.
How can I check the version of OpenGL on my PC?
The steps given below will show you how to check the version of OpenGL on your PC.
NOTE: We will be using Intel Graphics Control Panel which comes as a default application on Intel PC/laptops.
1. Open Intel Graphics Control Panel by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F12 keys. Then, click on "Options and Support".
NOTE: The Intel Graphics Control Panel UI may look different from the one shown above, depending on which Intel GPU you have and the version of Windows you are on.
Alternatively, you may open the Intel Graphics Control Panel by right-clicking anywhere on your desktop and selecting Intel Graphics Settings, as shown below. Then, click on "Options and Support".
2. Here, the version of OpenGL on your computer will be mentioned, as shown below.
How can I update OpenGL?
In order to update OpenGL, you must update your GPU drivers. The steps below will teach you how to do this.
1. Type "Device Manager" in the Windows search bar and click on Open once you find the application.
2. After opening Device Manager, click on "Display Adapters"
3. You will then be shown the available graphics cards on your PC.
4. Now, right-click on the GPU whose drivers you wish to update and select "Update driver", as shown below.
NOTE: If you have more than one GPU installed on your computer, we recommend that you update the drivers for all the GPUs.
5. You can then choose to have Windows search automatically for the driver software or install it yourself. To avoid any errors, we suggest letting Windows search automatically, as illustrated below.
How to dedicate your PC's GPU for BlueStacks
If you have multiple GPUs installed on your computer, you will need to dedicate your PC's GPU for BlueStacks after successfully updating OpenGL.
To know how to do so, please refer to this detailed article.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks, we hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on January 25, 2021.