How will this help?
This article will introduce you to the new Smart Edge Scrolling in games such as Rise of Kingdoms on BlueStacks 4.210 and above
After reading this, you'll know:
- What is Smart Edge Scrolling
- How to activate and use Smart Edge Scrolling
- How to change settings for Smart Edge Scrolling
What is Smart Edge Scrolling?
Smart Edge Scrolling on BlueStacks lets you pan your map simply by moving the cursor. This means that you no longer have to press and drag the cursor to look around.
How to activate and use Smart Edge Scrolling?
To start using Smart Edge Scrolling in your favorite game, here's what you need to do:
1. Launch the game. After the game starts, go to Controls Editor by clicking on its icon on the sidebar, as shown in the image.
2. Scroll down on the Controls Editor section and click on Edge Scroll, as shown below.
3. Drag and drop the Edge Scroll icon anywhere on the game screen in BlueStacks, as displayed below.
4. Now either lock the cursor or enter the full-screen mode by clicking one of the icons on the sidebar, as shown in the image.
5. That's it! The Smart Edge Controls are now active.
How to change settings for Smart Edge Scrolling?
1. After activating Smart Edge Scrolling, click on Controls Editor. This will show you the position of the Edge Scroll icon on your game screen.
2. Right-click on the Edge Scroll icon. This will open the Edge scroll settings page. You will then see the following options.
- X velocity: The values in this field decide the speed of scrolling along the X or horizontal axis.
- Y velocity: The values in this field decide the speed of scrolling along the Y or vertical axis.
- X active margin: The values in this field decide what percentage of the screen is visible along the X or horizontal axis.
- Y active margin: The values in this field decide what percentage of the screen is visible along the Y or vertical axis.
You may change the values as per your requirement.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on June 5, 2020.