How will this help?
This detailed guide will walk you through everything you need to know about using a gamepad on BlueStacks:
Gamepad Support on BlueStacks
We all prefer using gamepads as they help us achieve the perfect gaming experience, where we are fully immersed in the game.
To fulfill this very desire of using your gamepad, BlueStacks provides built-in gamepad controls for various games. These games will have a green gamepad icon underneath them, as shown below.
Though, many game developers have started providing gamepad controls as well. You can learn how to enable native gamepad support for such games by referring to this article.
Here are some popular games that have gamepad support on BlueStacks 4:
- Modern Combat 5
- Brawl Stars
- F1 Mobile Racing
- Among us
- Bombastic Brother
- Shadow Fight 2
- Battlelands Royale
- NBA LIVE Mobile Basketball
For the full list of games supporting gamepads, launch BlueStacks and go to Game Center>Browse by collection>Gamepad Apps.
Viewing gamepad controls on BlueStacks
You can view the gamepad controls for your games in the following two ways:
Viewing the Gamepad controls window
1. Launch BlueStacks and open any such game, let's take Soul Knight as an example.
2. When the game opens up, click on the Game guide icon which is given in the Side-toolbar.
Alternatively, you can also click on the Game controls icon, which will open up a menu.
Then, toggle the slider next to Game controls to the right and click on View/Edit game controls.
3. The Game controls window will open up. Here, click on the gamepad icon.
There you have it, all the gamepad controls will now become visible.
Viewing On-screen gamepad controls
1. Click on the Game controls icon on the Side-toolbar, once your game opens up.
2. A menu will open up. Here, enable the On-screen controls by clicking on the slider next to it, so that it toggles to the right.
3. Finally, click on the Gamepad icon next to Controls for, as shown below.
Voila, your gamepad controls will be visible on your screen!
Creating your own Gamepad controls
BlueStacks gives you the power to create your own gamepad controls for games that do not have in-built gamepad controls.
The Advanced Controls editor presents you with different actions that you can perform in a game. You can simply select which action you want to perform and assign the gamepad control you want to use it with.
You can refer to this detailed article to learn every step for creating your own Gamepad controls.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on August 19, 2020.