How will this help?
This article will introduce you to the Macro Manager that lets you manage all your macros in one place on BlueStacks 5.
A macro is a recording of the sequence of clicks on different points on the screen. This sequence will repeat all the clicks recorded, saving you time and effort. You can create and record your own macro and use it for playing your games. Using the macro manager, you can record, activate, import and export these macros.
What's new in the latest version of BlueStacks 5?
With BlueStacks 5.4 and above, you will now be able to:
- Create game-specific folders for your macro collection.
- Quickly access your most used macros by rearranging or placing them into folders.
- Find a specific macro in a long list using the search box.
- Easily view more macros by resizing the Macro Manager window vertically.
- Place the Macro Manager window at a specific location and reopen it in the same place.
To learn more about how to get started with macros, organize macros into folders and moving macros within your PC, continue reading the article.
How can I use the Macro Manager?
1. Click on the Macro manager icon on the side toolbar, as shown below.
2. This will open the Macro Manager window, as shown in the image.
To know more about the multiple functions the Macro Manager lets you perform, refer to the sections below.
Getting started with macros:
Organizing and grouping macros in the Macro Manager:
- Creating folders in the Macro Manager
- Rearranging and sorting macros into folders
- Searching for a macro
- Resizing the Macro Manager window
- Merging macros
Managing and moving macros on your PC:
- Manage the settings of the existing macros
- Import macros to BlueStacks 5 from your computer
- Export macros to your computer from BlueStacks 5
- Find the location of BlueStacks 5 macros saved on your computer
How can I record new macros?
1. To start recording your own macros, click on the "Record new macro" button.
2. You will then see the recorder playing on the top bar on BlueStacks 5. You may Pause or Stop your recording using the buttons in this recorder.
3. Clicking on Stop will stop the recording and a popup will appear, as shown below. This window will show a list of all the macros that you have recorded on BlueStacks 5.
How can I rename a macro?
1. To rename a macro, simply hover your cursor over the name of a macro. This will bring a rename icon next to the name of the macro. Click on the rename icon, as shown below.
2. Type the new name for your macro and press enter. The macro will now be renamed.
How can I run/play the existing macros?
To run a macro, click on the Play icon in front of it, as shown in the image. The actions that were recorded in the macro will immediately run again with the same sequence.
How can I create shortcut key for a macro?
To create shortcut key for a macro, click on the empty text box in the Shortcut column next to your preferred macro and press the desired shortcut key on your keyboard.
For example, in the image below "K" has been entered in the box. Thus, the shortcut key for "Macro(1)" is set as "Alt + Shift + K".
How can I create folders in the Macro Manager?
Click on the "Create folder" option present next to the "Record new macro" option at the top of your Macro Manager to create a new folder.
How can I rearrange and sort macros into folders?
Open the Macro Manager window and hold the left click of your mouse on the "Rearrange" icon to drag and move the macro to the desired position.
Your macros can also be placed into folders by simply dragging and dropping them into a folder of your choice, as shown below.
How can I search for a macro?
To find a macro in the Macro Manager window, click on the "Search" bar present in the top-right corner of the Macro Manager window and type in the name of the macro you wish to find.
How can I resize the Macro Manager window?
You can easily view all your macros without having to scroll through a long list by simply expanding your Macro Manager window vertically by clicking on the bottom border and dragging it to increase its size, as shown below.
How can I merge macros?
1. To merge macros, click on the "Merge" button, as shown in the image below.
2. On the "Merge macros" window, you will see the list of all existing macros on your BlueStacks. To merge macros, click on the "+" sign in front of each macro one by one that you wish to merge.
NOTE: Please read this article to learn in detail about how how to merge macros and change the settings for merged macros as per your preference.
How can I manage the settings of the existing macros?
1. To access the settings, click on the gear icon in front of a macro.
2. The Settings menu will then be displayed.
3. The 'Settings' menu has the following options:
a) Repeat execution: This option allows repeating macro executions based on the following criteria:
- Repeat action for the specified number of times
- Repeat action for the specified duration (in Hours/Minutes/Seconds)
- Infinite duration until explicitly stopped
b) Interval between executions: The macro will only pause for the time provided (in Minutes/Seconds) before restarting the sequence.
c) Playback speed: The dropdown box will provide speed options from 0.5x (half the original speed) to 5x (5 times the original speed) to allow the macros to be executed as fast as required. The default value for running a macro is set to 1x (at its original speed).
d) Other settings, which can be enabled or disabled through a checkbox:
- Opening the macro as soon as the BlueStacks 5 is opened.
- Setting the time (in Minutes) after which BlueStacks 5 should restart.
- Closing the macro window after the execution has been completed.
4. Click on Save to save the settings for your macro.
How can I import macros to BlueStacks 5 from my computer?
NOTE: Some macros imported from BlueStacks 4 may be incompatible if they contain recorded mouse clicks and keystrokes from outside of an app. To learn more about it, click here.
The steps below will show you how to import your macros for BlueStacks 5. You may also refer to this article to learn how to import your macros from BlueStacks 4 to BlueStacks 5.
1. To import a macro saved on your computer to BlueStacks 5, click on the Hamburger menu, as shown below.
2. Navigate to the "Import macro" option and click on it.
3. This will open an explorer window. Go to the location of the saved macro on your computer, select the macro file with .json extension and then, click on Import.
4. The imported macro will now be available for use in the Macro Manager, as shown below.
How can I export a macro to my computer from BlueStacks 5?
1. To export a macro saved on your computer to BlueStacks 5, click on the "Export macro" option from the Hamburger menu, as shown below.
2. You will be asked to select the macro that you wish to export. Choose the macro and click on Export.
3. You will then be asked to choose a destination folder for this macro. Select the location on your computer and click on Select Folder. A copy of the chosen macro will be made available in the selected folder.
Where are these macros saved on my computer?
The macros that appear under the Macro Manager on BlueStacks 5 are saved on your computer and occupy very little space.
1. To know their location on your computer, open the Macro Manager and click on the Hamburger menu, as shown below.
2. Navigate and click on the "Macro folder" option in the drop-down menu.
3. This will open the folder where all the macros are saved on your computer, as shown below.
To know more about the features available on BlueStacks 5, please refer to the release notes.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!