How will this help?
This article will introduce you to the Macro Manager that lets you manage all your macros in one place on BlueStacks 5 Beta.
A macro is a recording of the sequence of clicks on different points on the screen. This sequence will repeat all the clicks recorded, saving you time and effort. You can create and record your own macro and use it for playing your games. Using the macro manager, you can record, activate, import and export these macros.
How can I use the Macro Manager?
1. Click on the Open macro manager icon on the side toolbar, as shown below.
2. This will open the Macro Manager window, as shown in the image.
The Macro Manager lets you perform the following functions:
- Record new macros
- Rename a macro
- Run the existing macros
- Manage the settings of the existing macros
- Import macros to BlueStacks 5 Beta from your computer
- Export macros to your computer from BlueStacks 5 Beta
- Find the location of BlueStacks 5 Beta macros saved on your computer
How can I record new macros?
1. To start recording your own macros, click on the "Record new macro" button.
2. You will then see the recorder playing on the top bar on BlueStacks 5 Beta. You may Pause or Stop your recording using the buttons in this recorder.
3. Clicking on Stop will stop the recording and a popup will appear, as shown below. This window will show a list of all the macros that you have recorded on BlueStacks 5 Beta.
How can I rename a macro?
1. To rename a macro, simply hover your cursor over the name of a macro. This will bring a rename icon next to the name of the macro. Click on the rename icon.
2. Then, you will be asked to type in a name of your choice for the selected macro, as shown below. Type the new name and press enter. The macro will be renamed.
How can I run/play the existing macros?
1. To run a macro, click on the Play icon in front of it, as shown in the image. The actions that were recorded in the macro will immediately run again with the same sequence.
How can I manage the settings of the existing macros?
1. To access the settings, click on the gear icon in front of a macro.
2. The Settings menu will then be displayed.
3. The 'Settings' menu has the following options:
a) Repeat execution: This option allows repeating macro executions based on the following criteria:
- Repeat action for the specified number of times
- Repeat action for the specified duration (in Hours/Minutes/Seconds)
- Infinite duration until explicitly stopped
b) Interval between executions: The macro will only pause for the time provided (in Minutes/Seconds) before restarting the sequence.
c) Playback speed: The dropdown box will provide speed options from 0.5x (half the original speed) to 5x (5 times the original speed) to allow the macros to be executed as fast as required. The default value for running a macro is set to 1x (at its original speed).
d) Other settings, which can be enabled or disabled through a checkbox:
- Opening the macro as soon as the BlueStacks 5 Beta player is opened.
- Setting the time (in Minutes) after which BlueStacks 5 Beta should restart.
- Closing the macro window after the execution has been completed.
4. Click on Save to save the settings for your macro.
How can I import macros to BlueStacks 5 Beta from my computer?
NOTE: Macros recorded on BlueStacks 4 or below are incompatible with BlueStacks 5 Beta.
1. To import a macro saved on your computer to BlueStacks 5 Beta, click on the Import icon, as shown below.
2. This will open an explorer window. Go to the location of the saved macro on your computer, select the macro file with .json extension and then, click on Import.
3. The imported macro will now be available for use in the Macro Manager, as shown below.
How can I export a macro to my computer from BlueStacks 5 Beta?
1. To export a macro saved on your computer to BlueStacks 5 Beta, click on the Export icon, as shown below.
2. You will be asked to select the macro that you wish to export. Choose the macro and click on Export.
3. You will then be asked to choose a destination folder for this macro. Select the location on your computer and click on Select Folder. A copy of the chosen macro will be made available in the selected folder.
Where are these macros saved on my computer?
The macros that appear under the Macro Manager on BlueStacks 5 Beta are saved on your computer and occupy very little space. To know their location on your computer, open the Macro Manager and click on the Open folder icon, as shown below.
This will open the folder where all the macros are saved on your computer, as shown below.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on February 15, 2021.