How will this help?
This detailed guide will help you improve the speed and performance of BlueStacks on your PC.
Before reading further, please make sure that you are on the latest version of BlueStacks, as each version comes with various performance improvements and bug fixes.
NOTE: Please go through the System Requirements before following the steps below.
Clicking on the links below will take you to the relevant section in the article.
- Have you turned Virtualization ON?
- Have you allocated enough RAM and CPU cores?
- You can set your PC/Laptop to "High performance" in Control Panel.
- Are your GPU drivers updated to the latest version? (NVIDIA or AMD)
- Are other programs consuming a lot of RAM on your PC/Laptop?
- Is your antivirus configured correctly?
1. Make sure that Virtualization is turned ON.
Please go through this detailed guide on how to enable Virtualization on your system. If virtualization is turned off, you will receive a message as shown below.
2. Allocate more RAM and CPU cores in BlueStacks Settings.
To do this, navigate to the "Settings Menu" by clicking on the gear icon on the side toolbar. Next, in the "Engine" tab, allocate a greater amount of RAM and CPU cores. This will then increase performance. Read more.
3. Change your power plan to "High performance" in the Control Panel.
This can be done in the Control Panel. Please refer to the image below, for more details.
4. Please update GPU drivers (NVIDIA/AMD).
- NVIDIA - You can use GeForce Experience to keep your drivers updated. A pictorial example of this is given below.
- AMD - You can AMD Radeon software to ensure your drivers are updated.
5. Close other programs consuming a high amount of RAM.
Running multiple programs at once can cause performance issues. You can close unwanted programs by going to "Task Manager". From there, select the program you wish to close. Lastly, click on "End task", as shown below.
6. Configure your antivirus.
If you still feel that BlueStacks runs slow for you after following all these steps, then it may be possible that your anti-virus is interfering with the virtualization process. Please refer to this article to learn how to configure your anti-virus.
Have some questions?
Q. I've done everything mentioned above, but I'm still facing issues. What do I next?
A. To resolve this, we highly recommend you to submit a problem report. This will allow us to identify and resolve any issues that may be occurring. To learn how, click here.
Q. A particular game/app on BlueStacks is causing issues on my PC. What do I do?
A. This can be solved by referring to this article, which provides many workarounds for app-related issues like crashes, black screen and more.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on December 08, 2020.