How will this help?
BlueStacks lets you create and customize gamepad controls for different games with the help of the Controls Editor. This article will acquaint you with:
What's new in the latest version of BlueStacks?
- With the introduction of the MOBA D-PAD, you can now easily create 360-degree movement controls for different MOBA games.
- You can now access the advanced settings for different key controls by clicking on the gear icon next to them. Hovering over the key controls will make the gear icon appear on your screen.
- Upon selecting the gear icon for the MOBA skill pad, you can access the advanced settings by clicking on "More Settings".
What gamepad controls can I create/edit?
There are a wide variety of gamepad controls you can create/edit for performing different actions in a game. Let's go through each one of them.
Types of key controls:
- Tap spot
- Repeated tap
- Aim, pan and shoot
- MOBA skill pad
- Free look
- Edge Scrolling
- MOBA D-PAD
Tap spot - This key control is used in the instance wherein you would like to imitate the action of a tap on the screen. For example, the key to open your backpack in an FPS game or to turn left/right in a racing game.
Repeated tap - This action is used when you would like to reproduce the action of repeatedly tapping on the screen. For example, in a game like Hill Climb Racing, holding down the "Gas" button will effectively spin your car out of control. Configuring a "Repeated tap" on this key will keep your car in control.
NOTE: You can also customize the number of taps you would like in the key, as shown below.
MOBA skill pad - This control is used for MOBA games and provides a variety of options to you on the actions you can perform using this. We highly recommend you go through MOBA skill settings and MOBA stop movement FAQs to learn more about these. You can customize the Advanced settings for MOBA skill pad by clicking on "More Settings".
Rotate - Here, assigned keys can spin a wheel (like steering wheel in a racing game) in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction. Refer here for more info on this feature.
Smart Edge Scrolling - This feature helps you scroll around your map simply by moving the cursor. Useful for strategy games like Rise of Kingdoms. Refer here for more info on this fun accessible feature.
MOBA D-PAD - This control gives you the ability to have full 360-degree movement controls in various MOBA games, such as MOBILE LEGENDS: Bang Bang, League of Legends and so on. To read more about the MOBA D-pad, please refer to this article.
How can I create/edit gamepad controls?
1. Launch BlueStacks and go to My Games.
2. Now, open a game of your choice. Let's take Soul Knight as an example.
3. Once the game opens, right-click on the Game controls icon from the side toolbar, as shown below.
4. The Controls Editor will open up. Now, drag the action you want to perform onto the gameplay screen.
5. Click on the gear icon next to the gamepad control and an advanced menu options window will appear alongside.
6. Next, click on the Gamepad option, as shown below.
7. Now, click on Tap key and then press the button on your gamepad with which you want to perform the selected action. As an example, we would like this action to be performed by pressing "RT" on our gamepad. This will then appear on in the window, as shown below.
As always, remember to click on "Save" before exiting.
I am on an older version of BlueStacks 4. What should I do?
If you're on an older version of BlueStacks 4, click on the link below. This will then guide you to an FAQ that has the information for older versions.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on Nov 10, 2020.