Why am I seeing this error message?
On certain desktops/laptops, BlueStacks 5 may not start due to some incorrect Windows settings or maybe because a VPN app such as Astrill may be interfering with the installation process. You can easily resolve this by following the steps given below.
- Run Command Prompt as Administrator
- Enter the command "netsh winsock reset"
- Restart your desktop/laptop once the command has been run
After your desktop/laptop restarts, you will be able to launch BlueStacks without any hassles.
How can I resolve this?
1. Click on the Start Menu and search for "CMD". Here, click on "Run as administrator".
2. Within the Command Prompt window, copy the following command and press "Enter".
netsh winsock reset
3. Once it is done, restart your desktop/laptop. You will be able to start BlueStacks 5 successfully.
You are now all set to start your gaming journey on BlueStacks 5!
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!