How will this help?
If you're using a custom control scheme on BlueStacks 4 for your favorite game, you can also use these control schemes in BlueStacks 5 Beta, by following the steps mentioned below.
How can I transfer my custom control schemes?
1. As an example, we'll be transferring the "My keys" control scheme being used in Free Fire on BlueStacks 4 to use in BlueStacks 5 Beta.
2. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following file path:
NOTE: If you are not able to locate this path on your computer, simply copy the path above and paste it in the address bar, as shown below.
NOTE: If you have BlueStacks 4 installed in a drive other than the C: drive, the file path will be slightly different. For example, if BlueStacks 4 is installed in D: drive, then refer to the file path below:
3. Next, copy the corresponding .cfg file for your favorite game. To do this, right-click on the file and select "Copy". You can also single-click on the file and press "CTRL+C" on your keyboard to do this.
Please make sure that you copy/paste the scheme files manually. Using the "Export" feature on BlueStacks 4 to move the files will not work and may cause unexpected behavior of BlueStacks 5 Beta.
4. Now, navigate to the following path for BlueStacks 5 Beta: C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks_arabica\Engine\UserData\InputMapper\UserFiles
You can also refer to the image below.
NOTE: If BlueStacks 5 Beta has been installed on a drive other than the C: drive, the file path will be slightly different. For example, if you have installed it on the D: drive, the file path will be as written below:
5. Lastly, paste the file copied in step 3, here. To do so, simply press "CTRL+V" on your keyboard or right-click in Windows Explorer and select "Paste", as shown below.
6. Once done, launch BlueStacks 5 Beta. From the home screen, open the app in which you want to use this control scheme.
NOTE: If BlueStacks 5 Beta is running while steps 1-5 are being applied by you, please restart BlueStacks 5 Beta before using the control schemes, to avoid any errors.
7. Next, click on the keyboard icon on the side toolbar, as shown below.
8. Click on the current controls selected under "Scheme". A drop-down menu will then appear from where you can select the copied control scheme.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Happy Gaming!
Last updated on February 15, 2021.