Why are my controls not working?
Key controls for a game may not work as expected on BlueStacks 5 for a short period of time after a game releases an update.
Games such as Free Fire, Call Of Duty: Mobile, PUBG: Mobile, Battlegrounds Mobile India and Mech Arena: Robot Showdown that are updated frequently may cause smart controls provided by BlueStacks to stop working.
To resolve this, you can switch to default controls in the event that an update is rolled out and smart controls are not working as expected.
On the latest version of BlueStacks 5, you will be notified at the time of launching a game if the controls for it have been updated.
How can I switch to default controls?
- If you're playing BGMI, please select the "720p" control scheme using the steps below. The other control schemes, e.g "1080p" and "2k", should only be selected if you have used a GFX tool to modify the in-game screen resolution.
- If you're playing Call of Duty: Mobile, select the control scheme for the game mode you're playing, e.g "Battle Royale" during a BR match, and ensure that the "Smart" control scheme is not selected.
The steps below will guide you on how to switch to a default control scheme. We have taken Free Fire as an example here, but the steps for switching to default controls are the same across all games.
Here's how you can do it:
1. Launch the game from your BlueStacks home screen, as shown below.
2. After the game launches, click on the "Game controls" icon on the side-toolbar, as shown below.
3. From the dropdown menu, click on the arrow under "Scheme" to view the list of available control schemes.
4. From the list, select "Standard". This will set your game controls to default and resolve the controls-related issues.
NOTE: In some games, such as Mech Arena: Robot Showdown, the "Standard" control scheme will be named as "Default". Please select the appropriate control scheme for such games.
Once Smart Controls have been updated as per the latest game update, you may start using them again by following the steps above and selecting "Smart".
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks 5. We hope you enjoy using it. Happy Gaming!