How will this help?
Changing the ABI settings while creating an instance on BlueStacks 5 can help you resolve any of the following issues:
- Black/white screen appearing after launching an app
- App crashing at launch
- App not launching correctly
- Distorted graphics
To resolve these issues, you need to:
- Change the "ABI settings" while creating a new instance.
- Install and run the app on this new instance.
This article will guide you on how to change the ABI settings while creating an instance on BlueStacks 5.
Which apps work properly after changing the ABI settings?
The table below shows the names of some of the apps that work well along with the app-related issues that are resolved after changing the ABI settings:
|App name||Issue resolved|
|Animal Restaurant||Black screen at launch|
|Aura Kingdom 2||Black screen at launch|
|Captain Tsubasa||App-crash/freeze at launch|
|Critical Ops||"Invalid Application" error while starting a match|
|ibis Paint X||App-crash at launch|
|Mirrativ||White screen at launch|
|Skin Tools Pro||White screen at launch|
|The Walking Dead: Road to Survival||App-crash at launch|
|Yay! - The Community Connected Via Call||App-crash at launch|
How do I change the ABI settings for an instance?
1. First, we need to know about the ABI settings for the current instance of your BlueStacks. To know about these settings, click on the gear icon on the Side Toolbar of your current instance, as shown below.
2. On the Settings page, navigate to the "Advanced" tab. Here, you will see the information about your current ABI settings. By default, the ABI settings are set to "x86, ARM", as illustrated below.
3. Now, launch the Multi-instance Manager on your BlueStacks by clicking on its icon in the Side Toolbar.
4. On the BlueStacks Multi-instance Manager window, select "New instance".
5. On the next screen, select "Fresh instance", as shown below.
6. You will then be asked to choose an Android version. Select from "Nougat 32-bit", "Nougat 64-bit" based on the requirements for the game you wish to play.
7. After selecting the Android version for the instance, click on "Next".
8. The next page will let you customize your instance. Here, change the "ABI setting" as per your preference, as shown below.
9. Once all the values have been set, click on "Create".
10. This will take you to the BlueStacks Multi-instance Manager window where a newly created instance will appear. Here, the new instance is named "ABI=ARM", as shown below.
Click on the "Start" button in front of it.
11. A new instance of BlueStacks will begin to launch. After the instance has launched, login to the Play Store and install the game of your choice on this instance.
You may read about how to do so in these articles:
12. After the installation is complete, you can launch and play the game without any problems.
NOTE: Always use this instance to play this game without any issues.
If you face other app-related issues which are not resolved after changing the ABI settings, you may refer to this article for possible resolutions.
Thank you for choosing BlueStacks. We hope you enjoy using it. If you have any further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Gaming!